Read this description in full and email your resume to email@example.com with the subject “Warehouse Coordinator Application.” Applications submitted without the above also being done will not be considered. If you’re unable to follow the above directions, you are not a good fit for the position.
The part-time position of Warehouse Coordinator requires an individual to oversee, coordinate, and maintain Renesting Project’s warehouse and furniture inventory. The position reports directly to the Executive Director.
- Oversee, coordinate, and execute various warehouse activities including daily operations, scheduling and coordination of volunteer tasks, furniture pick-up, building, and grounds cleanliness.
- Coordinate shipping dates and transportation, with Director, and check incoming orders for accuracy.
- Unload donor’s vehicles and ensure items are appropriate for organizational use.
- Prepare end-of-day reports.
- Inspect, clean, repair, and inventory incoming furniture.
- Oversee and coordinate annual inventory reviews.
- Drive a box truck and/or pickup truck to pull an enclosed trailer.
- Schedule and manage furniture and household item donation drop-offs and pickups.
- Improve quality and efficiency of the warehouse including training and coordinating volunteers.
- Work with the Director to set & enforce safety standards.
- Promote a safe work environment.
- Communicate with the Director about all warehouse operational changes.
- Work well with a team of other staff, volunteers, donors, and board members.
- Perform other tasks, as assigned, to support the mission and work of Renesting Project.
- Tuesdays & Thursdays 8:30am-6pm (30-to-60-minute unpaid lunch break)
- Wednesdays 8:30am-2:30pm (paid 30-minute lunch break)
- Second & Fourth Saturdays 9:30am-2pm
- $13/hour with potential for increase at yearly review
- Ability to stand & walk for long periods of time
- Ability to lift, lower, push or pull furniture up to & in excess of 100lbs with assistance
- Experience in warehouse as team lead or coordinator
- Self-starter with well-developed interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of tools and methods involved in a warehouse environment
- Furniture moving and basic general maintenance
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, time management & organizational skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of basic mathematics and computer literate
- Exceptional Customer Service face-to-face, on the phone, and via email.
- Clean driving record and valid driver’s license
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.