FURNITURE DONATION PICK UP SERVICE
Benefitting Renesting Project, Inc.
The $35 fee for this service (to assist us with the cost of gas), has been waived for the first quarter of 2024. This waiver may or may not expire on the first day of April. Donations are of course welcome to help us offset the cost of fuel, truck maintenance, and manpower.
KNOW BEFORE YOU MAKE A REQUEST
- We will only come out for two or more pieces of qualifying furniture. (Clean, functional, too big for your car.)
- We are not a disposal service. We reserve the right to refuse items and donations are non-refundable if your items are deemed unacceptable or unmovable.
- We will not disassemble furniture, pack up household items, transport items to other organizations, or move in new furniture.
- Our staff/ volunteers cannot and will not carry items up or down stairs. All items must be located on a ground floor or within 20 feet of a functioning elevator.
- All requests must come through our online request form.
Renesting Project, Inc is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. We can provide a tax deductible donation receipt. Retain it for your records and please consult your tax professional.
When you donate items to Renesting Project, the overwhelming majority are redistributed to families in need, free of charge. Renesting Project does reserve the right to retain any donation for administrative purposes to help reduce overhead. Examples of this might include office equipment and supplies.
In addition, Renesting Project often receives fun and unusual donations. This includes large items, antiques, collectibles and luxury items such as jewelry and furs that may not be appropriate for our mission. These items are set aside for repurposing. They may be used as items for auction at a future Renesting Project PopUp Auction, or donated to another local nonprofit. Proceeds go directly to our direct service funds.