FURNITURE DONATION PICK UP SERVICE
Benefitting Renesting Project, Inc.
Thank you for considering donating your gently used furniture to Renesting Project! Our donation pick up service is for TWO OR MORE pieces of furniture that are too big to fit in the trunk of your car and that are on our Donation Checklist (found over there →). While picking up those pieces of furniture we will also pick up gently used household items that you have bagged or boxed up.
To know before requesting a pick up
- UPDATE: Due to the rising cost of this service, we will now be charging $35 per pick up. This amount is non-refundable for cancellations within 24-hours. This amount is non-refundable if your items are deemed unacceptable or unmovable on site. This amount is non-refundable if you are a no show at your pick up.
- We are not, under any circumstances, a disposal service. Only items that are found on our Donation Checklist (found to the right) and that can be used under the stipulations of our Donation Policy (found below) will be picked up.
- At the time of pick up we reserve the right to refuse to take items if they do not meet our requirements upon physical inspection. We will only pick up functional items that have no stains and no tears.
- We will not disassemble furniture, pack up household items, transport items to other organizations, or help move in furniture that is replacing the furniture we are removing.
- Our staff and volunteers cannot and will not carry items up or down stairs. All donations must be located on a ground floor or within 20 feet of a functioning elevator.
- Wait times vary from 1 to 3 weeks, we will try, but we cannot accommodate all deadlines.
Requesting a Pick Up
All requests much come through our online request form so we can be sure the information we gather is correct and that you are aware of all our policies.
You can also call 318-747-5520 and we will fill out the online request form for you. If we don’t answer, please leave a voicemail with your name, phone number, and that you’d like to request a donation pick up.
Renesting Project, Inc is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. We can provide a tax deductible donation receipt. Retain it for your records and please consult your tax professional.
When you donate items to Renesting Project, the overwhelming majority are redistributed to families in need, free of charge. Renesting Project does reserve the right to retain any donation for administrative purposes to help reduce overhead. Examples of this might include office equipment and supplies.
In addition, Renesting Project often receives fun and unusual donations. This includes large items, antiques, collectibles and luxury items such as jewelry and furs that may not be appropriate for our mission. These items are set aside for repurposing. They may be used as items for auction at a future Renesting Project PopUp Auction, or donated to another local nonprofit. Proceeds go directly to our direct service funds.